Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First Day

Today was the first day of the new school year.  That's right- we started back to school on August 1.  Our district is moving to a modified year-round schedule.  So far, I'm not a fan.  I need more summer!

I spent the last couple of weeks getting my room ready for the big day.  Here are a couple of pictures from the process.
Everyone is welcome!

Classroom Library, Reading Corner, and Word Wall

Thinking Maps

Just inside the front door

As you can see, I want my classroom to be a colorful, exciting place!  I have lots of primary colors and try to make everything accessible to the kiddos.  These pictures are from last week, when it was still a work in progress.  Tomorrow, I'll take some "after" pictures, to show the finished product.

Happy Learning!  

No comments:

Post a Comment